Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

RUNNNNIIINNNNGGGGGG!

TODAY I GOT OUT TWICE AND CHASED CATS AND CHICKENS AND RAN EVERYWHERE THEY NEVER LET ME GO!

On the down side... I hurt my paw, and Layna put this gunky goo on it, and it's really smelly.

BUT I WAS FREE FOR A LONG TIME! I first got out in the morning when I carefully shoved my head through the brown door while they were opening the red one, and struggle as hard and as fast as I could, and BAM I was home free! Johnny didn't like me running around, he was very mad and he yelled at me, but Layna didn't like him yelling I guess, so she told him to stop, and was very upset. I thought about going over to see what all the commotion was about, but then I saw the neighbor's cat stalking a squirrel! A CAT AND A SQUIRREL? THAT WAS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO ME EVER! WHAT A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY! I ran after them and ran all over the place. but then I saw how upset everyone was... I ran over to check on them and Layna tried to TACKLE me! So I ran around more and Layna kept trying to jump me! eventually Johnny grabbed me. When they brought me inside, Layna brushed me from head to toe. I kinda like being brushed, when she only brushes my tummy, but she never does. I REALLY hate when she brushes my tail. It's MY tail, and it is my personal opinion is that I should make all decisions surrounding it. but she insisted upon brushing it out.

The night looked rather dull at first, and I doubted anything interesting would occur. but joy of joys! As mom was about to feed the cats (CATS!) she forgot to shut the brown door! I ran for freedom. Images of Paul Revere and his gallant horse flashing through my mind! I ran into the bushes next to the old barn, chasing an orange cat. I heard a car engine, I ran to the car. mom was trying to shine the light in my direction so they could see me. then I ran back to the bushes, but OH! I got caught in an old fence! Mom tried to grab me, but I got away, then I saw a light, and without really looking to see what it was, I ran to, but I found myself in the backroom! And before I fully knew what was going on, Layna shut the red door and I was trapped!
they let me in the living room, and mom and Layna came in. They both announced I was filthy.
Layna brought me upstairs and tried to make me get into the bathtub.
I refused. she couldn't make me. I  liked being dirty and smelling like the outside! I wouldn't have believed it, I weigh almost as much as she does, but Layna LIFTED ME UP and set me in the tub. I jumped out. She put me back in.
In the end I stayed in the tub and let her wash me.
But I had run teasing her while she tried to dry me off with a towel. I ran downstairs the moment she opened the bathroom door. I got an incredible case of the zoomy's! Layna laid down on the couch and watched TV. eventually I got tired and laid down on the rug in front of the TV.
The burs in my fur were starting to bother me.
Once I was dry Layna brushed me again. I wanted to sleep. But when she was finished most of the burs were gone, and I felt much better. Then she kissed the top of my head and hugged me. I don't really like hugs that much, and this wasn't much different. but she held me very close and told me never to do that to her again, and that she didn't know how she could make it through being a stupid teenager without her Sammy. I'm not sure what she meant.

Then she went to go feed the cats, because mom hadn't when I got out. And she accidentally didn't shut the brown door right! I started to run out the red one, when she caught me and pulled me back inside. "No more of that buster!" she said. Then she hugged and kissed me again and went up to stairs to sleep. She always blows me a kiss on her way up the stairs and says she loves me. I curled up on the rug, and watched her walk up.

No comments:

Post a Comment