Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oh! Oh! Oh my gosh!!

This morning was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! I wanted to go play with the birds in the yard. So I bothered Mom and Brianna until they put me out on my line! And then they went to read a book and totally didn't notice when I pulled the stake out of the ground and went running through the woods! I was just getting started having fun and then suddenly I couldn't go anywhere because I was still dragging my line and it was all tangled around some bushes in the woods behind the backyard. That's when I started barking.

Somewhere off in the distance I heard Brianna yelling "she's not there!!!" and Mom going "WHAT?!?!" and then "Get your whistle!!!" I barked. A minute later I heard the whistle and barked again.

"I think she's stuck in the woods," said Mom. "Go get dressed!!!"

A minute later I heard the whistle again. I kept barking. Brianna kept blowing the whistle. She walked down the driveway blowing the whistle and yelling "CARLY!!!" I was a little out of breath, so I didn't bark for awhile. She sounded more and more desperate.

"CAR-LEEEEEE!!!!!" I started barking again. I guess she finally deducted that I was somewhere around the vicinity of the backyard. I heard her walking through it and yelling and blowing the whistle. I kept barking. And then I saw her!

"Car-leee," she groaned. I was very pleased with myself. I mean, I was smart enough to bark until I got myself untangled, wasn't I?! I guess my happiness showed on my face because she looked awfully angry as she called for Mom to bring the leash and started thwacking through the bushes. Mom came out and tossed her the leash. Then she put me on the leash and immediately yelled at me as I tried to go running through the woods some more.

She tripped back through the woods (she claims that tromping through the woods is one thing, tromping through the woods with an excited dog is an entirely different matter) and gave Mom the leash. Then Mom yelled at me for pulling! She took me inside and tried to wipe my paws (which I don't like, seeing as my paws are very personal and if I deem them dirty, I will lick them, but if I do not deem them dirty, they don't need cleaning) while Brianna got the line. Then she dropped it in a lump on the porch and came in.

"And she just had her flea treatment!" exclaimed Mom. "Oh well, at least she didn't get dirty."


"You look entirely too pleased with yourself," said Brianna.

Then they promptly banished me to my crate for the next fifteen minutes.

Well, I was pleased with myself! After successfully pulling your line out of the ground and running off into the woods and then being neatly rescued thanks to being smart enough to bark, wouldn't you be pleased with yourself?! I bet you would!

No comments:

Post a Comment