Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tennis Balls

I love tennis balls. I mean, I LOVE tennis balls. Like, they're my most favorite toy. Ever. As in, I chase them. Every day. I catch them. Every day. I have two of them. They are green and sort of fuzzy. They have lint on them. They get stuck under the dishwasher sometimes and then I freak out until Brianna gets the broom and rescues them.

There are exactly two ways to correctly play with tennis balls. The first way is to have your person bounce one and then leap in the air and catch it before it hits the ground a second time. The second way is to have your person roll/toss it down the hallway and run after it. Once you catch it, you dance around proudly for a little while, but don't give it back to your person! That is the worst idea ever, because if you give it back to your person, they might put it away! Instead you stand there looking at them with it in your mouth and then they'll probably tell you how silly you look. But then they hold up the other tennis ball for you. You have to drop the first one or they won't throw the next one. But if you come back with the other one and drop it, they'll give you back the first one.

The trick is to fool them. After awhile of this, they might drop their guard and throw the second one while you still have the first one in your mouth. This is your chance! Now all you have to do is get the second one in your mouth. Because, after all, why have only one ball in your mouth when you could have two? I'm convinced my mouth is large enough for both of them if I could only just get the second one in...

So after you have both balls in your possession, what you do is try to catch the other one. This is accomplished by batting the other one around, trying to hold it down. Get it in a corner. Ignore your people laughing at you. I know, it's very offensive being told you look like a cat. Just ignore them and find a way to get both of them in your mouth. I'll let you know if I find a technique that works. I haven't, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment