Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Yesterday was almost really fun.

It was kind of boring at first. I got to play with Mom and Brianna and then they had to go someplace so I had to stay in my crate for awhile. Then they got back and I chewed a rawhide. It was delicious. Then Dad got home. He went outside with my tennis balls and played with me, then he took the tennis balls away because I was burying one in my favorite hole. Then they were upset because I was covered in mud. It's been raining on and off for a week. So they decided it would be a good idea to hose me off.

I HATE water. I HATE it. I just hate it. For real.

I don't know how it happened. I guess when Dad put me on my leash, he accidentally clipped the wrong ring. There's a ring on the collar that has another little ring hooked to it. The little one has my tags and my leash goes on the big one. I saw Brianna with the hose and I didn't want what I knew was coming. She started spraying my legs, which were covered in mud. So I jumped away. When I did that, it broke. My tags went flying. I started running. It was a few seconds before I realized what was wrong. Wait a minute... I'm not on my leash!!!

So I dashed off into the woods to chase rabbits. I had a jolly good time. I almost forgot about my people. But not quite. In the back of my mind I heard them calling my name and I knew I was in trouble now.

I ran around in the woods for like, an hour. It was the most fun I've had in a long time -- at least, then it was fun. I kept hearing Dad and Brianna calling my name. Brianna didn't sound right, either. I started getting a little worried.

I was all the way over in the neighbor's woods at this point. I saw them standing in the lawn, talking to the guy who lives next door. I felt a little bad. After the neighbor walked away, they started coming towards the woods. I popped out of the trees. I saw Brianna holding my favorite toss toy, the blue and green and yellow rope with the green rubber ball on it. She bent down and called "come here, Carly! I have your toy!!!" I wondered if she was still mad at me. Why else would she be spraying me with water if she wasn't mad at me? I almost didn't go. But she didn't have a hose with her or a bucket or anything. So I bounded forward to get to the toy. I dashed by her to Dad and then back to her. I stuck my nose against her legs. She'd been crying. She clipped my collar on. That was the end of my freedom. But I felt very bad about it. Were they still mad at me?

A little, I guess. I was covered in mud, they claim. I wasn't covered in mud, I was just de-vanilla-oatmealifying myself. So they took me inside and put me in the bathtub and scrubbed me down. They shampooed me at least three times. I watched the brown water run down the drain and wondered miserably why they were making me yucky again. At this rate, I'll NEVER be able to smell natural!!! Even worse, Dad claims they didn't actually get all the dirt out of me.

Then they dried me off and I had to go in my crate while they ate dinner. They were still kind of mad at me, I think. But after dinner they played with me and actually brushed my teeth. At first, I was a little mad. But the toothpaste is poultry flavored and actually really good.

And then I... Well, it's embarrassing. I had an accident on the den floor. They were all mad at me all over again. Then Brianna went to take me outside and I didn't want to sit to put the leash on. Even Dad lost it. He yelled at me until I sat.

I was very sad. I still am. I had an early bedtime. I'm afraid my people don't love me anymore. Today I'm just very sad. I think my people don't love me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment